Rivendell Interstate school district click for home

mission statement click for home

Friday, June 02, 2023



After the Bell/After School Program

2022-2023 After the Bell After School Program

After The Bell Newsletter January 2023

Come Join After The Bell After School Program


Come Join Us After School!

After the Bell programs run at both Westshire & Samuel Morey Schools.
We offer arts & crafts, games, cooking, science experiments, drama, outdoor adventure, and much more!

Monday 3:00-5:15
Tuesday 3:00-5:15
Wednesday 3:00-5:15

Samuel Morey:
Monday 3:00-5:15
Tuesday 3:00-5:15
Wednesday 3:00-5:15
Thursday 2:00-5:15
Friday 3:00-5:15

Cost: $12 per day. Financial aid is available!

To sign up for either after school program, go to:

For more information, contact Leslie Berger

Families will be billed via EZ Child Track. Bills are sent five days prior to each two week
service period.

Once a student is registered for a specific day of the week, that space will be held for that student. The family will be billed for their child's attendance for that specific day of the week for the remainder of the school year unless the family arranges a change in enrollment.

If you need to change your child's enrollment (switch to a different day of the week or drop or add days) please contact Leslie Berger.

School Cancelation / Early Release Policy

  • If school is canceled due to inclement weather or for any other reason, the after school program will not be in session for that day/days.
  • If there is an unplanned early release due to weather, after school will be canceled .
  • If there is a two hour delay, the program will run as scheduled!


  • If the program is cancelled, you will be reimbursed at the end of the pay period for any days that were paid for in advance. Please pay attention to school announcements and weather, and be prepared ahead of time to find an alternative plan for your child.
  • When children are absent from school, a refund will be issued to their accounts

Change in After-School Schedule

  • Please make sure that if there are any changes to your after-school schedule
    (absences, early pick up, practice, etc.), that you inform your program's site
  • at Westshire - Leslie Berger
  • at Samuel Morey - Jean Daley

 Financial Aid Information

As Rivendell is an interstate school district, the process of applying for financial aid is different for Vermont and New Hampshire residents. In both cases, assistance is available through state child-care subsidy programs.
Read the information below to get started. If you have questions, please reach out to Leslie Berger
for further assistance:

Financial Aid Information For Vermont Residents

The subsidy, also known as the Child Care Financial Assistance Program (CCFAP), is managed by VT Child Development Division (CDD). We strongly encourage eligible families to apply! There is a registration process, and you won’t hear back immediately about your application, but the agency is reliable and will provide financial assistance for anyone that is eligible. Additionally, if you are found eligible, your child care assistance will begin on the date that your completed application is received. This means that even if it takes a while to receive confirmation, submitting your application earlier is better, as you’ll receive back coverage.
If your application is approved ~

You will hear how much CDD will pay, for how many hours, and for what period.

IMPORTANT: After completing the application,

  • You must drop it off at the Family Place in Norwich, VT. This is the local agency that handles the subsidy for our region.
  • All of the information to apply is included in the packet. If you have any difficulty with the application process please let me know and I will help you navigate the system.

Financial Aid Information For New Hampshire Residents

Great News! After the Bell is now recognized as an approved, licensed childcare provider with the State of New Hampshire. Our Orford families can now apply for child-care subsidies, just as our Vermont families can access financial assistance across the river.
What does this mean? If you are a New Hampshire resident and qualify for financial assistance, you can receive help paying for your child’s attendance at ATB.

The NH Child Care Scholarship provides assistance for NH residents:

  • Receiving Financial Assistance (FANF)
  • Participating in the FANF Work Program
  • Working or looking for work and meet income guidelines
  • Going to school and meet income guidelines

How to apply?

  • Go to: https://www.nh-connections.org/families/child-carescholarship This webpage provides several links. From here you’ll be able to determine if your family qualifies for financial assistance. If you are eligible, click on the box labeled "See if you Qualify for Assistance". This will take you to a new webpage for NH EASY GATEWAY TO SERVICES. Here you’ll be able to enter your information and see right away if you qualify.
  • If your family does qualify, please be in touch with me and I’ll provide you with a Child Care Provider Verification form to submit to DHHS.

Admittedly, there is a bit of a process to establish the subsidy. However, I strongly encourage eligible families to apply! If you need any assistance with the application process, I’ll be more than happy to help. Please reach out with any questions.